Two Cops Arrested for Beating 3-Month-Old Into Vegetative State; Baby Not Expected to Recover


By Cassandra Fairbanks


Charlotte, NC– A bond hearing was held on Wednesday for Robert Jeffrey Taylor Jr., 45, who worked for the York Police Department as a corporal.

Taylor was arrested for abusing his 3-month-old baby so badly that he is not expected to survive.

The infant’s mother, Audrey Schurig, 36, is also a police officer. She was arrested as well and charged with unlawful neglect of a child or helpless person for leaving the baby in his father’s care despite allegedly knowing about the abuse and failing to protect her child.

Jaxon Jennings Taylor, their 3-month-old son, was abused so brutally on February 15, that he is unable to move or eat without a feeding tube. Despite being in a vegetative state, he “is in some pain” and exhibits “periodic cries,” according to 16th Circuit Solicitor Kevin Brackett.

“We don’t know if this child will survive much longer,” Brackett stated.

Upon arriving at the hospital, the infant was foaming at the mouth, had bruising around his neck consistent with being held by the throat, and was suffering from a lack of oxygen. He sustained brain damage as well as retinal hemorrhaging, or bleeding from his eyes, that is so severe it could only have been caused by violent shaking or a fall from a building of at least 20 feet, according to the prosecutor.

If the infant survives, he will likely be blind from the bleeding, which the doctor who saw him called “horrific”.

Schurig was released on $2,000 bond and has resigned from her position as a sergeant on patrol at the Chester Police Department following her release. She is facing up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Taylor’s bond is set at $100,000, and he has been in custody since March 6. He resigned from his position at the department a few days before his arrest. The former officer is charged with child abuse and neglect and is facing 30 years if convicted. If the baby dies, he may be charged with homicide by child abuse or murder.

If he is released on bond, he has been ordered to have no contact with any children under 12 and must wear a GPS monitor.

Taylor’s lawyer tried to fight the no contact with children order by saying-

“he was a protector of the community.” A few weeks ago, he said, Taylor “could have walked into this court carrying a gun, and nobody would have thought anything of it.”



Via:: Free Thought Project